Our mission is to positively impact our local, state and nation, while strengthening our Republican Party through recruiting, educating, training, supporting, and electing Republicans. Our purpose is to promote conservative principles through education and participation in helping elect Republican candidates. Our goal is to support the Republican Party at all levels.
The Republican Philosophy
- The right of the individual to achieve the best that is within him, as long as he respects the rights of others, is the source of our nation’s strength.
- Government exists to protect the freedom of opportunity in which each individual’s creative ability can flourish.
- Government activities should be limited to those things which people cannot do at all, or cannot do so well for themselves.
- The most effective government is government closest to the people.
- Those who cannot provide for themselves should be assisted by both government and society, but that every effort should be made to help them become self-supporting, productive citizens with pride in their independence.
- Equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity belong to all, regardless of race, creed, age, sex, or national origin.
- The preservation of our Nation and the security of our citizens depend upon the Constitution, the laws and the courts, and that respect for them is the responsibility of every Individual.
- Government is accountable for maintaining sound money and a responsible economy. Individual rights, liberties and properties are continually eroded when citizens are oppressed by excessive taxation, inflation, government waste and over-regulation.
- Government is responsible for national defense and that only a strong America can remain a free America.
- It is absolutely essential to maintain a strong national defense posture in order that we may at all times negotiate from a position of strength, not weakness, in our continuing efforts toward world peace and friendship.
- These concepts are the foundation of our national strength and that the Republican Party, which is committed to their preservation, is the Party of today and the Party for the Future.
On April 7, 1953, President Eisenhower -Republican- was in the White House, Charles Jonas -Republican- was representing us in Congress, and a group of dedicated and determined Republican women organized the Mecklenburg County Republican Women’s Club.* They elected officers, adopted bylaws, set the dues at $1.00 per year, and obtained a charter from the North Carolina and National Federations of Republican Women, a charter that has never been allowed to lapse. The goals they set over sixty years ago are the goals we cherish today; to involve women in political action for the sake of good government; to educate women to be effective political activists; and to work for the election of Republican candidates.
From the very beginning, our Club has worked year round, not just at campaign time. Our members have recruited more members, organized precincts, assisted with registration drives, and studied current issues. For over sixty years, we have held several meetings a year, providing a forum for Republican candidates. Having learned how to raise money, we have always been financially independent - the perennially solvent arm of the Republican Party.
Our members have been elected to offices in the State and National Federations, to Republican Party offices at the local, district, state and national level, and to public office- City, County, State and United States Congress.
President - Kyshia Lineberger
Hi Friends! My name is Kyshia Lineberger and I am the 2017 CMRW President. I live in Matthews (District 9) and have 2 children. I own a private educational based preschool serving over 200 children and have been in the education business for 15 years. While I am passionate about children and education, I am also passionate about our country. I began to love politics when my father took me to South Park Mall in 1984 to see Ronald Reagan. Reagan loved America - it's time to return to politicians who respect this great country and the constitution. I believe in Republican values and standards and hope that with lots of hard work and good people, that we can get this country back on track. I strongly believe in our right to vote and hope to see everyone at the polls. God Bless America!
Treasurer - Jinger Kelly
Recording Secretary - Kelly Tain
Communications Director - Sarah Verardo
Chaplain - Brenda Andrews
Past President - Linda Jones
My husband, Larry, and I have lived in Charlotte for 24 years after moving from Houston, Texas. I have two children, Brad, who is married to Sarah and lives in Alexandria, Virginia and my daughter, Angie who is married to Kevin and lives in New York City. Brad has two little girls. ages 2 and 4 and Angie has one little girl, age 6 months. Those little girls are the loves of my life! I also have an adorable, rescue Jack Russell Terrier named Missy. Through the years I have worked as a volunteer at church, my kids schools and in the community. I have been a life long Republican and first became involved with the party as a volunteer in 2002 when I worked on Elizabeth Dole's first Senate campaign. Since then, I have worked on numerous campaigns as a volunteer, held numerous fund raisers at my home and have worked for the Mecklenburg GOP and Charlotte - Mecklenburg Republican Women, having served in many capacities on the boards of each through the years. I honestly cannot remember a primary or election where I have not voted since I was first able to vote. And, always Republican!